Thursday, April 19, 2007

Relationships are hard!!

Relationships are hard. Yeah, I'm aware that you all know that, I didn't make the discovery of the century and I won't receive the Nobel prize of relationships ( I know it doesn't exist but we could create one...) for this.
But still, relationships are hard. Maybe I watched too many romantic Hollywood movies with romantic, easy-going, I-love-you-you-love-me-everything-is-perfect scenario. Or I could blame society and its princesse waiting for the prince on his white horse thing. In fact, it's like Santa: there's no white horse (i wouldn't know how to ride it anyway), no princesse in a castle. There's just 2 people, different from each other, working hard to be happy together. Well, sometimes you have to work harder. And usually, we don't like to work harder: we want everything to go well with the minimal efforts. But it doesn't work like this: if we really want something, we have to put a lot of energy and efforts. But I'm actually enjoying it: I like to see the outcomes at the end. And even if I don't see them right away, I know they are somewhere around the corner.
Difficulties are pretty good actually because it shows us what we are really willing to put our efforts in, what's worth it. It helps us to sort things. But when we know what's worth it, we have a whole new passion and energy to put in it. I realize that it's in moments of doubts, questionning that I sorted things out and made the priority in my life.

So relationships are hard but we know they are worth spending time and energy. And your efforts won't lead you to a castle with your man on a white horse (well, except if you're going out with a prince who has a castle and white horses...) but to a beautiful place that will be unique, that no one else in the world can be and that will be better than a castle. So let's keep working hard for the people we love because that's the joy of our live.
And don't stop reading the princesse story but imagine that there's something even better for you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home